Collecting donations has never been this easy (or cost-effective!)
It's a known truth that not for profit organisations or causes always need cost-effective solutions to their fundraising initiatives. Gone are the days of donations being collected simply in cash or via EFTs. In today's world, if that's the only payment method for fundraising offered, it's a guarantee in losses of potential donations from supporters.
As a cause collecting funds, it's imperative that you have multiple payment options that are clear and as easy as possible for your supporters to use. But often, the traditional crowdfunding platforms that offer these have fees that are not feasible to fork out for those raising the funds (often in excess of 10%!)
This is where Quicket comes into play, where the fees are charged only per transaction processed through the system and at a highly competitive rate compared to solutions usually marketed as 'for fundraising.' Even better, there's a discount on the fees for registered NPOs and PBOs.
How Fundraising on Quicket works
For an example of how donation pages could look on Quicket, click here to visit our Causes page.
Here's how it works:
- Load your cause/fundraiser onto Quicket
- Set ticket types of specific amounts, or simply set a donation target
- Activate your Quicket page and promote your sales
- Once a donation has been made, it will reflect on your donation target box encouraging others to help you reach your target
- You will have access to the details of your supporters so you can contact later on to say thank you.
For more help on how to set up and run fundraising for your cause, click here to access our Knowledge Base article.
But what about the fees?
Instead of fees that are in excess of 10%, Quicket only charges a commission of 4.9% ex VAT on every payment that gets processed through the platform. Registered NPOs and PBOs have a reduced rate of 4.5% ex VAT on each transaction processed. This is so we can cover the costs of our bank, payment gateway and admin fees.
The service fee is a R5 fee that is charged in addition to the commission, but this is charged by default to the person making the payment. This service fee can also, however, be set to be absorbed into fees charged to the organiser.
Payment of funds collected is made directly into the bank account you specify, and is paid out 2-3 days after the end date of your fundraiser. If you need a portion of the funds raised sooner than the, you have the option to get in touch with us to set up an early payout agreement.
If you'd like to see a further breakdown of our fees, please visit this page.
Ideas for collecting funds on Quicket
- Support pages for businesses struggling to stay afloat in these tumultuous times. Click here and here for examples.
- Humanitarian causes such as basic needs for vulnerable members of our communities.
- Initiatives that support the arts and entertainment industry.
- Keeping our world and environment safe, for example supporting fire fighting.
- Initiatives that help in the medical and health sector, palliative care, etc.
- Collect alms, tithes and donations for your faith communities and organisations
- Personal fundraisers for individuals who find themselves in difficult situations.
- Collective community savings in the form of stokvels.
Want to get started?
Get in touch with our sales team on 021 424 9308 or email [email protected] and we'll have you started in no time.
For help to easily set it up yourself, click here to access our Knowledge Base article.
Nina is the Marketing Manager for Quicket and is passionate about growing a community of event organisers into one that is empowered to create incredible experiences. An event organiser herself, she’s also worked across brand marketing, social media, and in the non-profit world. She’s a burner (AfrikaBurn) at heart, an avid baker, loves a good hug, and cooking dinner for friends over a glass of good wine.